People in big cities often think about how it would be great to have your own house. It’s even better if there is clean fresh air. Where you can sit on your site, make barbecue and lie under the sun. You simply want to hire local movers in Jersey City and go. But thinking about the process of buying a house is frightening. You may think you do not understand anything about it and don’t know where to start. In fact, this is not difficult to understand. We will give you a couple of tips for finding a decent family house on a budget.
In which real estate market to look for a house
There are two types of residential real estate market:
- Primary is a market where the seller is the builder himself. Or the persons who have invested in the construction. Which means, after the purchase you will be the first full owner of the property;
- Secondary – a market where the owners are selling the real estate. In that case, the real estate object already has a legal history. Finding a decent family house on a budget on secondary market can be risky.
Features of buying a house in the primary market
The main advantage of finding a decent family house on a budget on the primary market is its “legal purity”. Before you that house had no owners. But this does not mean that when you purchase a property from a contractor, your transaction is completely safe. There are scammers among the construction companies , so-called one-day firms, which disappear after taking money.
Choose a company with a history and a good reputation, which has been on the market for a long time. They should already have some completed projects. It is good if you could visit them. You can ask the tenants whether there were any problems, when working with the company. Also how they assess the quality of construction, would they recommend that construction company.
If you choose a property that is still under construction, then you can save on the price. But be ready that the construction process can take a long time or even “freeze”.
It is good to bring a realtor or a lawyer to negotiations with the contractor. In the submitted documents, pay attention to the following points:
- What kind of use predicts the category of the land plot?
- The presence of all mandatory permits and assessments of the necessary examinations;
- All the necessary technical conditions for connecting communications;
- Pay attention to the encumbrance certificate, it is desirable that the plot is not in pledge;
- Require a guarantee from the contractor for the people building your new house.
The contractor provides all the documents about the company, as well as the land. Bring copies of all documents to a lawyer.
Finding a decent family house on a budget on secondary real estate market
The process of buying a home in Jersey City on the secondary market is not much different from buying an apartment. The main stage is to check the “legal cleanliness” of the house. Firstly, the seller prepares almost all necessary documents. He should provide the following documentation:
- Certificate and registration in the register of property rights;
- A document confirming the ownership of the property (sales contract, certificate of inheritance, gift agreement and so on);
- The document with the registration number;
- Technical certificate;
- The list of all registered residents;
To speed up the process and secure the transaction, we recommend using the services of a realtor or a lawyer. Provide all documents for review. Also check if all buildings on the site are registered and included in the plan.
Finding a decent family house on a budget – what to look for
Before you hire reliable movers, such as AMG Moving Company, you should check the house first. It is best to inspect a house with a professional. He understands construction, knows what to look at first and how everything should be.
1. Material from which the house is built
There is no ideal material for building a house. Houses made of bricks differ in price,it is several times more expensive, but they have low thermal characteristics. Therefore, you will need a good heater, otherwise the cost of heating will be high.
2. Foundation of a house
Pay attention to the material of the foundation. If you can see the cracks on the facade, then this may be the first signal that the foundation is not good.
Be sure to check that there was no water, dampness and fungus in the basement. If all this is present, it is better to refuse to buy such a house. Since this indicates a poor waterproofing of the foundation.
3. Attic and roof
Many forget to inspect the attic, and then this can cause big problems. Climb to the top, inspect the fortification of the roof. It will withstand a large amount of snow in winter. Pay attention to whether it is leaky. This is important, since during the rain the roof can leak and water gets inside the house, which can lead to the formation of fungus.
The most economical option is gas heating. Fireplace heating is a relic of the past, they use it mainly in old houses.
5. Check all windows
Check all the windows in the house, if they open well. If they creak, then you need to call a builder to adjust all the windows in the house. We recommend you to do this once in two years.
6. Pay attention to the site
If you want to build a small garden, then most likely you will need to consider finding a decent family house on a budget in the secondary market. Since they usually have much more land. Pay attention to the remoteness of communications. Check the boundaries with the data from the boundary plan.